In this page will be explained the below topics:
What is a Listicle?
A Listicle is an internet marketing slang term for a 'List of Article' - most commonly, listicles are a curated list with key selling features of multiple products for a targeted persona.
“Best things to buy your dad for X-mas”
“Top 10 gifts for a boss”
“5 Things your girlfriend or wife would love for Valentine's Day”.
What is the Auto-Organizing Listicle Widget?
The Auto Organizing Listicle widget is a feature that self-organizes your list of products/offers based on the EPC (Earning Per Click) of the offers.
For instance, it should bring to the top the offer that best performed and received a higher EPC.
EPC is a common payment model for affiliate schemes, which calculates the amount of traffic you produce for your affiliate partners, brand, or product advertised on your website, and measure the commission you are earning.
How the metrics for the Auto Organizing Listicle widget are calculated?
In the Auto Organizing Listicle, we track the CTRs of the CTAs, calculate EPC* (Earning Per Click), and then re-order the offers based on the latter one.
Here below how all this is calculated:
First, we consider an Event when a visitor clicks on the CTA link of the Listicle.
Secondly, we track the click ID of the event from the Listicle page to the Checkout page (P_CTR) and send back the Conversions in order to calculate the *CR% or conversion rate of the CTA as a sum of the purchases for each offer, divided by clicks.
Ultimately we determine the EPC, which is calculated as follows:
EPC = CR%* CPA$
CPA = Offer Payout, which is configured in the widget settings
*CR% = Purchases (which are the order's completion) / Clicks (which are the click to external offer)
Once the EPC is calculated for each offer, the offers are reorganized accordingly.
Hence, the offer with the higher EPC will go at the top of the page and the rest will be displayed in descending order as per their EPC score.
*[Please note that more metrics will be available soon]
The Listicle Widget is available within the Page Builder. Please follow the below instructions to add and customize the Auto-Organizing Listicle to your web page.
1) From the Page Builder, go to your left side menu and click on Elements
2) Select Built-In
3) Then DFO Widgets
4) The Auto-Organizing Listicle is called just Listicle, within the DFO Widgets blocks
5) With your mouse drag the Listicle block to your webpage
6) In order to set the CPA, please click on the arrow at the top right of the widget
7) On the left side Menu, under Settings, you can set the Payout (CPA) depending on the offer
8) Then click the up arrow to select its parent element
9) The Listicle Container will pop up on the right side menu, under Settings. The Listicle Container controls how many purchases on 1 offer before reordering the page - default is set for 3 conversions.
Additionally, please note that:
a) You should add a Listicle block for each one of the offers, or clone the one you have already customized.
b) For each Listicle widget, you add to your web page, you have to follow the above points 6 and 7 to set its CPA.
10) Then select the button of the offer shown on the Listicle
11) Go to the left side menu and under Setting, please set whether you want the button to redirect to an internal or external page
12) Add the internal or external page URL into the Link to HRef field, which will set the button to redirect all visitors to it
13) Tick the Is CTA link checkbox, so the offer performance will be reported as per instructions provided below.
14) Under the “Target”, you can actually set how the link will work once customers click on it. Three options are provided:
15) Customize the rest of your Listicle
Where the Auto-Organizing Listicle performances are reported
To track the results of your Listicles, please follow the steps below:
1) From the DASHBOARD, go to the left side menu and click on ANALYTICS
2) Select Websites
3) Select the Plus icon on the right of the website you want to check the results, so the list of the web pages will be shown
4) Select the Plus icon on the right of the webpage, where the Auto Organizing Listicle is
5) The list of CTAs links will be shown, and you can see, one by one, how they performed.
For more information on how to check CTAs results, please click on the following article: How CTA links are reported into the ANALYTICS